Thursday, September 17, 2015

lil carb Spiced Chicken Marinade

It's that time of the year again!  That awkward time where the temperature is still in the 80's everyday but there's pumpkins and halloween candy in every grocery store.  Fall is trying to sneak in but it still feels like summer.  I don't want to totally give up on my summer yet! In an effort to keep it going Jason and I wanted to grill some chicken.  Just the smell of the grill on a summer afternoon puts me in my happy place. This quick chicken marinade is easy to put together and packs in a ton of flavor!  It also pairs wonderfully with my Coconut Basil Cauli-Rice.  The flavors in this dinner rival some restaurants I have been to.  One of the main ingredients in my marinade is red chili paste.  It's something I like to keep in my pantry for a few reasons- it is low carb and it contains a great depth of flavor which means less work for me! Like most of my recipes- this meal comes together almost effortlessly- especially because I left Jason to do the grilling! Which he aced- as usual lol

Spiced Chicken Marinade
2 heaping tbsp red chili paste
2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp red pepper flake (optional)
pinch of salt & pepper

Combine all of the ingredients in a small bowl and mix until combined.
Depending on the heat you prefer adjust the red pepper flake accordingly.


-I used 3 chicken breasts and coated them in a shallow dish with 2/3 of the mixture.
Let them marinate for 30 minutes up to 2 hours. 
Then grill up the chicken on the first side, then flip and brush with the rest of the marinade.

Go HERE to get my recipe for lil carb Basil Coconut Cauli-Rice!  Its the perfect pairing of flavors- especially since I still am overrun with basil!  You will not be disappointed with this nostalgic summery dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment