Tuesday, May 28, 2019

The Best Roasted Butternut Squash EVER!


When I wrote that title I meant it! This is the best!!! Not only because it's delicious but it's also simple and easy to make and the ingredient list is super short. Don't let the chopping of a butternut squash deter you from making this recipe. Most grocery stores already have one chopped up for you! What I'm trying to say is- whatever you have to do to make this recipe just do it...
Watch the video above to see exactly how I chop up my squash and how much seasoning I use. Each squash is going to be a different size so the spice amount I list below are to be used as a guide. When seasoning your squash just make sure to get a nice, thin layer of seasoning onto all of your pieces and you will be good to go!

Roasted Butternut Squash
1 butternut squash (Around 2 lbs)
1 1/2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
non-stick cooking spray

Preheat oven to 415 degrees.
Spray a large cookie sheet with non-stick spray.
Peel the squash, cut off the ends, cut in half, and remove the seeds.
Then cut each half into half moon shapes. Cut each half moon into 3 strips and then curt each strip into cubes. (Watch the video above for clarification)
Arrange the cubes of squash onto a baking sheet in a single layer.
Drizzle on the olive oil then sprinkle on salt and pepper, and then the garlic powder and chili powder.
Toss with clean hands and arrange again in a single layer.
Put into a 415 degree oven for 15 minutes.
Take out and toss with a spatula and continue baking for an additional 15 minutes (30 minutes total).
Let cook slightly and then ENJOY!
 Nutritional Facts 
for 1 cup
103 Calories
13.5 Net Carbs
1.5 Grams of Protein


7 comments:

  1. What brand vegetable peeler did you use in your video?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a Kitchenaid Peeler- you can get them on amazon in all different fun colors too! Highly recommend.

      Delete
  2. Amazing thank you very much. made my family night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the recipe and helpful video! I paired your recipe with another to make soup. I honestly preferred the squash roasted only! It absolutely is the best and I'll only roast it using your recipe from now on :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried this last night. You're right, it is the best ever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just tried this a few weeks ago. We loved it! Going in for more.

    ReplyDelete