Thursday, April 28, 2016

lil carb Peanut Butter Mug Cake


Watch me make this easy mug cake!

Per Mug:
385 Calories
17g Protein
5.5g net carbs



Lets get right to it. When I'm craving a cake I need to have a cake. I used to just give in to my cravings but I find that doing that can sabotages things.  Things meaning my weight loss goals, the workout I just did, and the fact that I like to think I have some willpower.
So!- I decided to take matters into my own hands and experiment with a low carb cake and boy do I have a winner!  This is a peanut butter version and not only is it a decadent snack or dessert but it packs a powerful protein punch!
I use all natural peanut butter where the only ingredients are peanuts and salt- in my opinion what peanut butter should be! I also use Truvia to sweeten. That is my fav sweetener and the only one I use at the moment. Taylor this recipe to what you like and have- chunky peanut butter and a different sweetener- is totally fine! If you're watching your carbs just check your labels. Oh, and I also added low carb whipped cream too hehe- totally optional. This is spectacular!!! A peanut butter cake you would never guess is also low carb!
Peanut Butter Cake

lil carb Peanut Butter Mug Cake- Serves 1
3 Tbsp peanut butter
1 tsp baking powder
1 Tbsp + 1 tsp Truvia
1 egg
whipped cream for topping (optional)

Mix all ingredients except the whipped cream in a mug.
Mix everything really well to incorporate the egg. I mixed for about 45 seconds.
It should look like batter.
Microwave for 1 minute and 20 seconds.
Allow to cool for about a minute.
Top with whipped cream or a pinch more Truvia and Enjoy!





20 comments:

  1. I just tried your mug cake.Loved it 😍

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another winner Kathleen! My mug was too small and wound up looking like french onion soup, yummy goodness all over the sides. I can't believe there's no almond flour in this - perfect cake-like structure.
    Regards,
    Mdep from youtube a few days ago

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this has been a lifesaver! If I get to craving a muffin in the morning I make one of these (minus the whip topping) plop it on a napkin and I am set to go with some coffee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fast, quick, and delicious are the best recipes! I'm so happy you liked this one!!

      Delete
  4. This was awesome!! I used the powdered pb mixed with black coffee,cinnamon, & a drop of pb extract. Wow!! Don't know what I'd do without your lc help. Thank you so much��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds awesome!! I love cooking you can make every recipe your own! I'm so glad you enjoyed this one!! :)

      Delete
  5. This was great! I took a little cream cheese and put a little peanut butter,powdered stevia and made an icing and smeared it over the cake and wow, it pushe'd this dessert over the top!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG... that sounds delicious!!! I am definitely going to try that!! Icing makes everything better! :)

      Delete
    2. This was absolutely amazing ....thank you so much...goes wonderfully with a cup of coffee for a mid morning snack

      Delete
  6. wow I just tried your mug cake. wow it is delicious!!!! looks like cake tastes like cake!! thank you so much! I love that its low carb too

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kathleen, Tina from Indiana here...I watched the video today and couldn’t wait to get home and try it....it’s so good!! Thank so much I love watching your videos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome!!! Thank you so much for watching!! :)

      Delete
  8. My favorite recipe for sweet cravings during Keto! Awesome and easy :). Thank you Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY!!! That's awesome! I'm so glad you enjoyed it!!!

      Delete
  9. Thank you so much for this quick recipe it's a life-changer

    ReplyDelete
  10. What are the actual carbs? Diabetics can't count net carbs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's best to calculate the total carbs using exactly which ingredients you are using. Peanut butter varies greatly between brands. :)

      Delete
  11. Depends on brand of peanut butter you use but about 7-9. My mother & I are diabetic and use net carbs without issue. On keto (per heart doc) and we both have cut insulin use by 2/3rds and lost about 40 lbs each, hubby has lost 120. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete