Thursday, June 23, 2016

lil carb Buffalo Chicken Burgers

Watch me make this recipe!

It's burger time!  If you like buffalo wings you are going to love my latest creation!  With just a couple fresh ingredients you can create a flavorful, juicy
burger in under half an hour.  I think that making these burgers indoors is the best way because the meat mixture is wet and sticky so on grill grates it might not work. I love using my grill pan or a cast iron skillet!


lil carb Buffalo Chicken Burgers- Makes 4 burgers

Burger
1 lb ground chicken
1/4 cup diced celery
Pinch of salt

Sauce
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup + 1 Tbsp buffalo sauce ( I use Franks )
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp black pepper

Serving
4 slices of blue cheese I use Castello Brand OR about 1 cup of blue cheese crumbles

2 cups of tightly packed arugula
______________
Pre heat a grill pan on high and spray with cooking spray OR heat a cast iron skillet to medium/medium high heat and 1 tablespoon of olive oil.

Combine all the Sauce ingredients in a medium sized bowl. Set aside.


Side 1
Side 2
In a large bowl combine the Burger ingredients.
Then add in 1/4 cup of sauce to the burger mixture. Mix with your hands. Add in another 1/8 cup of the sauce and mix until everything is combined. (I know it sounds like a weird amount of sauce but trust me - it is perfect)

Portion out the chicken mixture into 4 equal amounts (the mixture will be very sticky- that's normal) and drop them onto the skillet or grill pan and very carefully pat them down until they are burger shapes and all about the same thickness.

Cook for 8 minutes per side. Once you flip them over top with blue cheese- either about 1/4 cup crumbles or one slice per burger.

To assemble I like to start with a bed of 1/2 cup of arugula with a dollop of sauce, then top with a burger and drizzle with some more sauce for dipping. ENJOY!




1 comment:

  1. I haven't tried this recipe yet but I am loving all the recipes I have tried. You are my favorite go to for ideas for keto.

    ReplyDelete