Friday, December 22, 2017

lil carb Enchilada Chicken


Break out your crock pots, this is an easy one!!
I'm not trying to sell you this recipe BUTtttttt it's so easy and so flavorful and so juicy that you just have to make it!  I'm bringing out this one for this particular weekend for a couple reasons. I don't think many people eat enchiladas for Christmas Eve or Christmas Day dinner- so this is something to wake up your taste buds. Before the holidays, if you're still running around trying to get all of your holiday shopping, wrapping, cleaning or decorating done OR after the holidays when no one feels like cooking but everyone still wants a home cooked meal.  This recipe pretty much cooks itself and who doesn't love that?! I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday! XO

lil carb Crockpot Enchilada Chicken- Makes 10 servings (1/2 cup each)
1.5 lbs of chicken breast
1 Tbsp Taco Seasoning- link to my homemade taco seasoning
3 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
1 medium onion, roughly chopped
28 oz can enchilada sauce- Low Carb store bought one I use
2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend (or cheddar)
1 can of black olives, sliced

Into your crock pot add the chicken and sprinkle with taco seasoning.
Add in the garlic, onion, and enchilada sauce. Swirl 1/4 cup of water in the sauce can and add that in as well.
Stir well.
Place the lid on the crock pot and cook on LOW for 6 hours.
Then remove the chicken and shred it with two forks.
Add the chicken back into the crock pot and allow to cook for 1-2 more hours for the chicken to absorb all the juices. (I say 1-2 hours because it is ready after 1 hour but you can let this sit it you're not ready to eat yet.)
Then add the sliced olives and the shredded cheese.
Put the lid back on the crock pot for 15 minutes or until the cheese has fully melted.
Then you are ready to serve this up! Enjoy!

Ways to enjoy this crockpot chicken:
-Serve over sautéed kale or spinach
-Serve cold on a salad with romaine and some pickled jalapeños
-Serve with low carb hard taco shells for a non traditional taco
-Serve with low carb soft wraps- Jason and I did this and Jason made his like a restaurant enchilada with chicken inside, sauce on top with pickled jalapeños, shredded lettuce, chopped tomato and lots of sour cream! Delicious!

Nutritional Information:
Recipe Makes 5 Cups or 10 Servings
Per 1/2 cup serving:
201 Calories
14.7 Grams Protein
2.6 Net Grams Carbs

6 comments:

  1. Fantastic recipe and best of all it is doable. Looking forward to seeing more and more recipes and you tube demos. Just scanned over your previous blogs... I am in blog heaven. Thanks for a great 2018 year to make delightful meals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word... thank you Kathleen. This recipe was amazing. I had to cook it in my Dutch oven as i didn't think to check how long it took to make in the slow cooker ha ha. I had Old El Paso taco seasoning but i made my own enchilada sauce which was (if i say so myself... stunning) served with a salad it was a great low carb Sunday lunch. Thanks again Paul and Sarah's (country kitchen in the city)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you put that tease in there about making your own enchilada sauce but no recipe? not nice. ( ;-)

      Delete
  3. Useful Information, your blog is sharing unique information....
    Thanks for sharing!!!
    buy flavours online in nairobi
    buy meat online pangani

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is there an print option for your recipes that I'm completely missing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't found a print button but I hold the left side of the mouse down and mark everything I want to print and then I hold the right side down and it gives me a choice to print. It will print everything you have marked

      Delete