Wednesday, May 16, 2018

low carb Wedge Salad


Every time Jason takes me to a steak house I crave the wedge salad. I love the refreshing crunch along side a nice juicy steak! I recently realized I can recreate that at home... yes, I really I am late to the party on this one. I shared my salad on Instagram and Snap Chat and I got quite a few messages saying to share the recipe. While this is so simple you can make it with your eyes closed, I decided to share my wedge salad with everyone! Serve this as a quick and simple lunch or as a side dish with your favorite grilled dinner.
My favorite way to enjoy this one is with a grilled strip steak and some grilled or roasted asparagus!

low carb Wedge Salad- Serves 1
1/4 head of iceberg lettuce
1/8 cup blue cheese crumbles
1/8 cup shredded red cabbage
4 cherry tomatoes, cut in half or fourths
3 slices of cooked bacon, crumbled up
Salt & pepper
+ your favorite salad dressing

To assemble, put your iceberg on a plate and break it apart a little.
Then add your dressing on top- this will help all the other ingredients to stick to it.
Then layer on the bacon, tomatoes, red cabbage and blue cheese crumbles.
Sprinkle with a little salt and some black pepper.
Enjoy!




Per Salad (without dressing)
204 calories
2.5 grams of carbs
12.7 grams of protein 


1 comment:

  1. Oh yum! I eat this so much! It’s wonderful! Thank you

    ReplyDelete