Monday, August 6, 2018

Low Carb Summer Chicken Bowls


It's here...!! My Summer Chicken Bowl recipe is finally ready to be viewed by the world. I have been making this for J's lunch prep for awhile now and when a meal is husband approved I feel like then you know-- it's ready to be shared. But really, this recipe is super easy and quick. I don't know about you but when I meal prep there are times when I feel like spending hours in the kitchen and really cooking... but then there are other times... those other times I know I have to meal prep but I really don't want to and I do it because I have to... well if you're also like me and wanna get in and out of the kitchen then make this easy chicken bowl and get back out and enjoy this amazing Summer while we still have it! Before we know it its going to be Fall and we are going to be into comfort food weather... and you better stay tuned because I have a ton of comfort food recipes up my sleeve!

Summer Chicken Bowl- Makes 1
1 cup baby spinach
8 mozzarella pearls
1 Tbsp pesto
pinch of red pepper flakes (optional)
1 cup cooked chicken, shredded or diced
2 Tbsp finely grated parmesan cheese
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp dried basil
8 cherry tomatoes (mine were equivalent to 2.5oz)

You will also need some olive oil and salt and pepper.

To start chop or shred your cooked chicken. In a small bowl combine chicken, parmesan cheese, garlic powder, basil, and oregano. Mix well until the cheese is incorporated with the chicken. Set aside
Next, prep the mozzarella- cut balls into smaller pieces if desired and mix well with pesto and a pinch of red pepper flake, set aside.
Next, cook the tomatoes. You can roast these in the oven or if you are impatient like me you can "roast" the tomatoes in a small sauce pan. Heat your pan over medium high heat with a small drizzle of olive oil. Add in your tomatoes along with a pinch of salt and a pinch of pepper. Shake the pan to cook the tomatoes on all sides until they are as blistered as you like. (see video above for reference)
Then it's time to assemble the bowls. I like to add in my spinach and then pile on the chicken, mozzarella, and tomatoes right on top.
*To enjoy this bowl cold just top with a drizzle of balsamic glaze or make a simple vinaigrette using olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
*If you are going to enjoy it warm then store the mozzarella separately until you are ready to eat. Microwave until warm and add mozzarella on top. Add balsamic glaze or vinaigrette and Enjoy!

Nutritional information for entire recipe (not including any dressing)
340 Calories
34 grams of Protein
4.3 grams of Net Carbs

No comments:

Post a Comment