Saturday, April 16, 2016

lil carb Cheese Sauce

Taking a pic of cheese sauce covered veggies is not as
easy as it looks. You're going to have to trust me
that this cheese sauce is bangin'- the bbq chicken in the
background is trying to photobomb but the
cheese covered cauliflower just steals the whole show.
I think one of the reasons a low carb diet suits me so well is because I can eat cheese. Cheese is such a wonderful thing. I use cheese in a lot of my dishes and while you can certainly leave it out, why would you want to? If you are not a cheese person you should proceed to the exit because this recipe is full of cheesy goodness.  I have used this as my go-to cheese sauce for awhile now and almost forgot to post the recipe. With this base you can also add in different kinds of  cream cheese and shredded cheeses to create a custom sauce tailored to whatever flavors you are going for! Even for a non low carb diet this sauce is so good! I have listed at the bottom some of the ways you can enjoy this sauce but by customizing your favorite cheeses the possibilities are endless!

lil carb Cheese Sauce- Serves 2-3
1/3 cup heavy cream
1/3 cup half & half
3 Tbsp cream cheese, I use chive and onion flavor
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp dijon mustard
3 Tbsp parmesan cheese
1/2 cup cheddar cheese, I used sharp yellow cheddar
Salt & Pepper

Heat heavy cream and half & half in a small pot over medium heat.
Add in the cream cheese and whisk until combined and cream cheese has melted.
Add in dijon and garlic powder, whisk.
Allow mixture to start to bubble up and thicken for a few minutes.
Add in the cheeses and whisk until combined.
Taste and season with salt and pepper.

-In my pic above I char grilled cauliflower and topped it with this cheese sauce and it was divine! It goes perfectly with the smokey, grilled veggies.
-You could also top nachos with this cheese sauce!
-Drizzle over oven roasted broccoli!
-Grill or roast some veggies and use this as a warm cheese dip!
-Use this sauce in a fondue pot!

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment