Thursday, April 21, 2016

lil carb Salt & Vinegar Kale Chips



When I'm in the mood for it I absolutely love snacking! But I go through my phases- sometimes I feel like I'm always hungry and then other times I feel like food barely crosses my mind. Weird- I know. BUT when I am in the mood for snacking I make sure I whip up some kale chips. Not only are they healthy but they are super simple to make and you can customize the flavors to whatever you like or whatever you have in your pantry. I especially love salt & vinegar kale chips because I always have vinegar in the house, multiple kinds actually and salt & vinegar just happens to be my favorite kind potato chip. This is also great if you have a lot of kale that you need to cook before it goes bad. It's a win- win!

lil carb Salt & Vinegar Kale Chips
4 cups tightly packed kale leaves, torn into smaller pieces
2 tsp red wine vinegar
2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
Salt--- sea salt, table salt, or himalayan sea salt- Whatever you have/prefer

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
Add your kale leaves into a large bowl. If the bowl has a lid, great. If not thats ok.
Add the vinegar and olive oil to the kale leaves and either mix well with a spoon or put the lid on the bowl and shake until well mixed.
Using your hands (don't just tip the bowl over), remove the kale from the bowl and add to a foil lined baking sheet that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
Reserve the vinegar and oil left in the bottom of the bowl.
Bake the kale for 10- 15 minutes- watching carefully that they don't burn. Mine usually take 11-12 minute.
While the kale cooks add a pinch or two of salt to the bowl of left over vinegar and oil. If you don't have much left in the bottom of the bowl add in another tsp of vinegar then add in the salt- this is our finishing touch.
Once the kale is finished pour the salt and vinegar finishing touch over the top and "shake" the pan until all the chips are coated. 
ENJOY!





No comments:

Post a Comment