Friday, July 17, 2015

lil carb "Big-Faux-Mac" Burger Sauce

Everyone can grill a burger but what I have found is that it's the toppings that are really the star of the show.  I have even had a picnic that I centered around a "Burger Bar"!  It is so fun to see what everyone creates when given a bunch of toppings.  People always get excited when it's a "make your own something".  And why not?!  It's the time to customize your meal- how fun is that?!  If you ask me it's TONS of fun but I'm a little obsessed with food so I get excited.
One of my favorite types of burgers is the Big Mac from McDonalds. I can still hear the jingle in my head- "...lettuce, sauce, pickles, cheese on a sesame seed bun..." I still crave it to this day even though I haven't allowed myself to have the original for years now.  But I do make a modified low carb version that I think is just as tasty as long as you don't mind skipping the bread.  Although, my special sauce is low carb so if you are going to eat the bread I bet it would be a delicious addition!  Low carb or not this Big Mac knock-off sauce is sure to be a yummy addition to your next burger dinner or burger bar!

Big-Faux-Mac Burger Sauce- Serves 3-4
1/2 cup Mayo
1 1/2 tbsp low or no sugar relish ( I use the brand Mt. Olive)
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 tsp yellow mustard
Pinch of salt 
Pinch of pepper
3/4 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp paprika

Mix all the ingredients in a small bowl and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes for the flavors to merry. 
Then assemble your burgers!!
To make my version of a Big Mac I used iceberg lettuce as the bun, spread some sauce on the bottom then a topped with a slice of american cheese, the burger, chopped white onion, another slice of cheese, hamburger-pickle slices, more sauce and my top "bun"!

No comments:

Post a Comment