Sunday, July 12, 2015

lil carb Steak N Egg-Zola

After a long (too long) hiatus from writing blog posts I am proud to announce that I AM BACK! hehe  The problem was I was being held hostage by my new house. He wouldn't let me stop organizing and unpacking boxes and by the end of the day I was so exhausted I couldn't even manage to keep my eyes open long enough to write a blog post. Not to mention that we have 3 chow chows as you know and we didn't have a fence for 2 weeks! That equals 5:15AM alarm for 2 miles walks to the park followed by working then another walk after dinner!  I now am SO thankful for our gorgeous fenced in yard!  Now that Jason and I are settled in for them most part I am back to share some of the recipes I have been making while I was gone.  I made this recipe for Jason 2 days in a row now and he literally told me I have to share it because it is SO flavorful!  Plus it makes a great use of leftovers. Jason and I just celebrated our brother-in-law Zachs birthday (I love saying that officially! My sister got married in May!- a lot has happened while I was gone!).  We went to a restaurant famous for their steak.  When we go out to eat I usually get excited at appetizer time and never leave enough room for my full steak so I usually take it home.  ALWAYS take steak home!  There are plenty of ways to enjoy it after the initial meal- this recipe is definitely one of them.  Not only is it great for a low carb breakfast or brunch but the flavors taste complex when they're not!

Steak N Egg-Zola- Serves 1
1/3 cup leftover steak, cut into chunks or slices
1 Tbsp butter
3 eggs
1 Tbsp half n half
Salt n Pepper
1/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp Gorgonzola Cheese
1 Tbsp fresh chopped chives

Cut up about the steak into bite size chunks or slices.  Scramble 3 eggs in a bowl with half and half, a pinch of salt and a pinch of pepper.
Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a skillet over medium heat.  Once the butter melts add in the steak and stir around in the butter to warm it up- about 30 seconds.
Add in the eggs and scramble stirring with a spatula.
Once the eggs are to your desired doneness, turn the heat to medium low and crumble in 1/4 cup gorgonzola cheese!
Turn off the heat and stir until the cheese is melted.
Transfer to a plate and garnish with chives and some more gorgonzola crumbles.  Season with a little more salt and pepper and enjoy!


#newcamera! hehe

No comments:

Post a Comment