Sunday, August 16, 2015

lil carb Layered Eggplant and Zucchini Platter



Watch me make this recipe!


I know I say all the time that one dish is my favorite and then a few days later I say another dish is my favorite but I'm serious this time... this zucchini salad is my favorite! ha! How could you not love a side dishes that combines fresh veggies, fresh chopped herbs, nuts, cheese, olive oil and... balsamic glaze!?  It already sounds good, doesn't it?  Do I have your attention now?  This dish is also great for entertaining because it can be served at room temperature and all of the ingredients can be prepare before hand so that once the veggies are grilled you can throw it all together and serve it whenever you're ready.  Its a great way to use in season veggies and herbs too!

1 medium size eggplant, cut into slices
1 large or two medium zucchinis, cut into slices
1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
1 Tbsp chopped fresh chives
2 Tbsp chopped fresh basil
Salt, pepper, garlic powder
Olive oil for drizzling
Balsamic glaze (or vinegar) for drizzling

Brush both sides of the zucchini and eggplant with olive oil and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Grill them until they have dark grill marks.  Arrange them in a single layer on large platter. Sprinkle with the mozzarella cheese while they are still warm from the grill. Then top with pecans then chives, then basil.  Sprinkle with more salt and pepper to taste then drizzle with about 1 tablespoon of olive oil.  Then drizzle with balsamic glaze!  If you are using vinegar use 1-2 tablespoons. Easiest way to serve this is with a wide spatula. Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment