Wednesday, March 23, 2016

lil carb Crunchy Goat Cheese Bites


Watch me make this recipe! 

When going to a get together I try to bring something that is low carb so that just in case there's no other low carb munchies Jason and I have something to snack on. I don't usually broadcast that my dishes are low carb because then I think people might be hesitant to try them. I know before I ventured into this low carb lifestyle if someone told me something was "diet" food I would probably have a preconceived notion that it maybe didn't taste as good as the chips n dip and I probably wouldn't try it. Silly, yes but that is just how my brain works. Instead I bring my food and plop it down on the appetizer table and I walk away with an empty plate at the end of the night.  Everybody wins! This dish is so perfect for a one bite appetizer. I also make some of these and keep them in my fridge and pull them out to have a snack.  These bites are so simple with only a few ingredients but pack tremendous amount of flavor.  Plus they come together in minutes!

lil Carb Goat Cheese Bites- Makes about 20
1 Medium size cucumber, sliced 1/8-1/4 inch thick
2 oz Goat Cheese
1/2 cup Arugula
1/4 cup Walnuts, broken into pieces and toasted
Balsamic Glaze

Slice the cucumber pieces.
Spread with 1/2- 1 tsp of goat cheese.
Put 3 pieces of walnut on, pushing it into the goat cheese.
Take 2 arugula leaves, tearing off the long stem and push into the cheese.
Arrange on a large platter.
Right before serving drizzle balsamic glaze over all the bites.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment