Monday, March 28, 2016

lil carb Infused Gin & Tonic


Click my YouTube link to see how I made this refreshing cocktail!

It finally feels a little like Spring! I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter holiday!  I definitely did and with the weather finally warming up I immediately started dreaming about summer cocktails!  If you go to a restaurant and order a fruity, slushy cocktail chances are it has more carbs than you think. I started experimenting making my own versions at home where I could customize the flavors and carbs to my liking.  I started last summer infusing vodka and gin and it is a lot simpler and tastier than I ever imagined! Trust me, you will want to try it too! The measurements don't have to be perfect and the longer the gin sits the more flavor will infuse. Who doesn't love a lil carb summer cocktail!?

lil carb Infused Gin
1 handle of gin
Big bunch of fresh Thyme
Big bunch of fresh Rosemary
1 cucumber, sliced

Add the thyme, rosemary, and cucumber slices to a handle of gin.
Place in the freezer for 7-10 days.

After that time pour out the gin into another container- I used a left over 2 liter bottle.
I wrote on it in sharpie what the alcohol was and what it was flavored with and stored in the freezer for whenever I was ready to make my next cocktail.

Infused Gin & Tonic- Makes 1
1-2 shots of infused gin
Diet tonic water
Lime juice & Slice
Ice

Fill up a tall glass with ice.
Add in your desired amount of infused gin.
Top off with diet tonic.
Squeeze in about 1 tsp lime juice and garnish with a lime slice.



I may or may not have taken a few sips from this before I snapped the photo... 

No comments:

Post a Comment