Tuesday, August 16, 2016

lil carb Coconut Fudgesicle

Video link above- watch me make this recipe!

With this heat wave we've been experiencing in the northeast I have been trying to cool off any way I can. The good part about that for anyone reading this is that I have had popsicles on the brain and I have created a fabulous sweet treat all while staying on track and low carb.  I hesitate to create too many recipes including chocolate because it is very hard to keep them low carb while also using some form of chocolate.  This recipe is right around 8 net carbs per popsicle- for desserts I don't like to go above 10 net carbs. Since Jell-O is kind enough to offer sugar free, chocolate fudge pudding I thought hmmm I could totally use this as a base for my popsicle.  I am not doing an ad for Jell-O either- but I wouldn't be opposed *wink* so this recipe just comes from my love of all things chocolate and coconut and I hope you try this recipe and stay cool this summaaaaa :)


lil carb Coconut Fudgesicle- Makes 4 popsicles (**see my note below)
1 3.9 oz box of Sugar Free Jell-O Pudding, Chocolate Fudge flavor
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup lite coconut milk
1 cup half and half
4 Tbsp sweetened coconut flakes
-4 popsicle mold-

In a medium size bowl combine half and half, coconut milk, vanilla, and pudding package.
Whisk for 2 minutes until thickens.
Pour into 4 popsicle molds 3/4 of the way full.
Add1 tablespoon of coconut to each popsicle and using a long straw mix the coconut into the pudding. Fill the molds the rest of the way.
Add in the popsicle stick to your mold and put in your freezer for a minimum of 4 hours.
When you're in the mood for a sweet low carb treat they are waiting for you in your freezer! Enjoy!

**I had about one more popsicle of pudding mixture left over after I filled my 4 molds- your molds might be slightly bigger so you may not have any left over.
You can add this into another popsicle mold or you can mix in 1 more tablespoon of coconut flakes and then refrigerate it and enjoy it as a low carb pudding option!


Link to the popsicle molds I am using here!

1 comment: