Tuesday, August 2, 2016

lil carb Tuna Melt


Low carb sandwiches are right up my alley.  This melt came to me one day while I was making tuna salad and I just ran with it. It is surprisingly simple but really satisfied my craving for a tuna melt!  Plus - its only under the broiler for a short amount of time- just enough to melt the cheese so it's ready in no time! Perfect for hungry people like me who get hungry and want food in less than a minute. Yup- this works for me hehe


lil carb Tuna Melt- Serves 1

1/2 cup lil carb Tuna Salad, or fix tuna salad however you like
2 slices of tomato
2 slices of cheese, I use American
salt & pepper
2 iceberg lettuce cups, check out the how-to video above for how I make them

Preheat the broiler to high.
Cut the iceberg head so you make a cup shape. Discard the outer leaves and use the inner, crunchier leaves to make 2 lettuce cups. (Watch the how-to video above to see how I do this)
Put about 1/4 cup of tuna salad in each lettuce cup. Top each one with a slice of tomato and a little sprinkle of salt and pepper and lastly top with a slice of cheese.
On a foil lined baking sheet pop each lettuce cup under the broiler for 1-2 minutes just until the cheese melts- any longer will wilt the lettuce.

Let sit for about 1 minutes and then Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment