Saturday, November 26, 2016

lil carb Supreme Pizza Bake

Watch me cook this!!! 

Per Serving:
428 Calories
27g Protein
8g Net Carbs 

Supreme pizza and I used to be besties. Like, I absolutely love supreme pizza. It's a love affair- don't tell Jason. lol. Living in New Jersey for most of my life and now in Pennsylvania (but only 7 minutes away from the Jersey border) gives me the opportunity to have literally the best pizza in the country (in my opinion) and I have eaten my fair share. Believe me. It's almost embarrassing how much pizza I have eaten in my lifetime. The last few years supreme pizza has been a memory for me. Until I decided that I can take those same flavors and same ingredients and incorporate them into a "bake" and let me tell you- this bake is the bomb! It's one of my favorite dinners. Hands down. The bonus to this dish is it feeds up to 8 people. So you can make this for a crowd ORRRR you can totally save the leftovers and have them for dinner and then lunch and snacks and literally any time you would have a slice of pizza. While journey-ing through this low carb lifestyle that I'm on I've come to realize that you might be craving something high carb but you can find alternatives to satisfy those cravings in a low carb way!  That is my whole mission for this blog and my YouTube Channel- which if you haven't checked it out you totally should. The video above is a link to my video of me making this dish so click it, check out my channel and subscribe because I am sticking around to share low carb recipes with everyone to keep you happy, healthy, and on track.  Now- go get in the kitchen and make this low carb Supreme Pizza Bake and satisfy your cravings!

lil carb Supreme Pizza Bake- Serves 8
1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 1/2 lb spaghetti squash, about 4 cups cooked
1 lb ground beef, I used 90/10
1/2-3/4 lb Italian Sausage (whatever your grocery store has as far as amount)
2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp onion powder
2 tsp Italian seasoning
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp red pepper flake (optional)
1 cup red onion, chopped
1 cup green bell pepper, chopped roughly
1/2 cup sliced black olives
30 slices of pepperoni
1 cup white mushrooms, sliced
3 cups mozzarella cheese, grated
17oz marinara OR pizza sauce-- plus more for serving (I use Raos brand- VERY low carb!)
Parmesan Cheese for serving

Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
In a large skillet on high heat add your olive oil.
Then brown the ground beef and sausage until it is cooked through. Drain off all the fat and return the pan back to the stove.
Lower the heat to medium high and sprinkle on all the spices (onion powder, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper). Stir well allowing all the meat to get coated in the spices and toast for about 30 seconds. Then add in 1/2 cup of the marinara sauce. Turn off the heat and stir in the marinara until everything is well coated.

To assemble the "bake" add in about 1/2 a cup of marinara sauce to your large baking dish ( I use 8X10) and spread it out to cover the bottom in a thin layer.
Next take half of your spaghetti squash noodles and spread them out in a thin layer.
Add another half cup of marinara sauce on top of the spaghetti squash and gently mix to get the "noodles" coated.
The next layer is half of the sausage & beef mixture. Spoon that on in an even layer.
Then, just like making a pizza you add your toppings: take half of your chopped red onion and scatter over the top. Then add the mushrooms in a thin layer followed by the green bell pepper. Take 15 slices of pepperoni and scatter them in an even layer on top. Then take half of the black olives and scatter them on top.
Then take half of the cheese and sprinkle a layer right on top.
Then repeat the same layers one more time:
the rest of the spaghetti squash noodles-->1/2 cup sauce-->the rest of the sausage & beef -->remaining red onion-->remaining mushrooms--->remaining bell pepper-->remaining pepperoni--> remaining black olives-->the rest of the cheese!
Bake for 30 minutes then let it sit for 10 minutes to chill out.
Serve along side some extra sauce and ENJOY!


No comments:

Post a Comment