Saturday, September 8, 2018

Week 2 - Low Carb Diet Meal Plan

Keeping it short and sweet today! Here is the food I ate this past week to lose weight while following a low carb diet. Pick and choose from the list below or browse my blog for some more inspiration. I also like to repeat a recipe during the week to make my grocery trip that much easier.


Breakfast
8am

coffee with half and half and up to 2 Truvia for sweetener every day
 (I have also been adding cinnamon!.. and whipped cream on the weekends LOL)
& one of the following:
My Breakfast Bombs

-2 eggs scrambled with 1 Tbsp half and half and 1/4 cup of your favorite cheese (I used 2 slices of American cheese) and 3 slices of bacon

-2 Breakfast Bombs served with 1/4 avocado and choloula sauce
(these are my obsession again this week!)


Snacks
10am & 3pm one of the following

-1 Mozzarella cheese stick and 4 thin slices of pepperoni 

-1 pack of 100 calorie raw almonds

-1/2 cup broccoli florets (or cucumber slices) dipped in 2 Tbsp Ranch dressing (Ranch that is 2 grams of carbs or less per serving)



Lunch
12pm one of the following: 


My BLT Lettuce Cups
-1 can of tuna made with mayo salt and pepper, lettuce, and 2 slices of tomato served in a small Josephs Pita

-BLT lettuce cups- iceberg, mayo, bacon, sliced tomato- I usually make 4 using 3 strips of bacon

-3/4 cup cooked chicken (I used rotisserie) seasoned with salt, pepper, and garlic powder served with 1 cup of cooked cauliflower rice with butter, salt and pepper

Dinner
6pm one of the following:

-1 strip steak with 8 grilled or roasted asparagus spears and 1 cup Cauliflower Mash or buy it in the frozen section 
(for my asparagus I roast it for 20-25 minutes at 425 and season it with a small drizzle of olive oil, zest of 1/2 a lemon, juice of half a lemon and garlic powder, salt and pepper)
**My favorite dinner of the week!**

-Taco Salad- bed of iceberg lettuce topped with seasoned beef , chicken, or turkey - About 1/3 lb
*get my taco seasoning HERE!*
Served with olives, tomatoes, jalapeƱos, onions, Mexican cheese and sour cream



My Taco Salad
Nigh time snack (optional):

OR
2 Glasses of Red Wine
OR 
another snack from the list above




Follow me on Instagram to see what I'm eating in real time!
@lil_piece_of_hart

No comments:

Post a Comment