Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Low Carb Garlic Butter Chicken Pasta

Get ready for my favorite recipe of the moment! Every single ingredient in this dish is on my favorites list. You've got your cheese, chicken, and of course garlic n butttta. SO. GOOD. If I was telling you about this recipe in person I would probably say "I cant even..." because I say that for everything in life that is phenomenal and amazing. I cant even- because I cant even believe I'm eating this and it is low carb. Please try it and let me know how much you love it too!

Notes about this recipe- I didn't use pasta- I used zucchini noodles BUT You could totally use any kind of pasta or veggie noodle of your choice and the dish would be just as amazing.
*If you need more servings just multiple by how many people you need to feed! It's that easy!
*Red pepper flake is optional but oh so tasty. The amount in this recipe will give you a subtle burn at the end of each bite.
*The amount of garlic I used is how much I like and I love garlic. Use a little less if you're not as big of a fan.

Low Carb Garlic Butter Pasta- Serves 1
1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 Tbsp unsalted butter- divided in half (I use Kerrygold)
1 1/2 Tbsp chopped garlic
3 oz cooked chicken, cut into bite size pieces (I used grilled chicken I had prepped but you could use rotisserie too)
2 cups zucchini noodles (Or 2 cups of any pasta you would like)
1 oz fresh mozzarella
1/4 tsp red pepper flake (optional)
Pinch of dried oregano
Parmesan cheese for topping

In a large skillet add the olive oil and 1/2 tbsp of butter. Then turn on the heat to medium.
Immediately after turning the heat on add the garlic and red pepper flake. (By adding it now the flavor of the garlic and pepper flake will infuse into the butter and oil)
Within a minute everything will begin to bubble. Then add in the chopped, cooked chicken.
Stir everything and allow the chicken to warm for about 30 seconds.
Next, add the zucchini noodles. Sprinkle with a pinch of oregano and some salt and pepper to taste.
Stir everything together and allow to warm through for 30 more seconds.
Then top the mixture with the mozzarella cheese and cover for 3 minutes.
Top with some parmesan cheese and you are ready to go! Enjoy!


Nutritional Facts:
Per Serving (before adding any parmesan)
415 Calories
24 Grams of Protein
7.8 Net Grams of Carbs

1 comment:

  1. Had this for dinner tonight. I was worried it would be bland, but thanks to tons of garlic, it was awesome. Going into the rotation Thanks Kat.

    ReplyDelete