Wednesday, June 12, 2019

low carb Savory Broccoli & Bacon Frittata


It is very seldom that I hear my husband crave a meal prep two weeks in a row... but folks, this was a recipe he wanted to have for his breakfast at work not just one week but two weeks in a row. I bring you my Savory Broccoli & Bacon frittata! featuring smoked gruyere cheese, dried thyme and nutmeg. This frittata is perfect for any meal- it is perfection for meal prep- just make it and then me later. Normally I would say use whatever ingredients you like and have however, this time I urge you to make it exactly as it is written. Each ingredient is necessary and all the ingredients together build such a tremendous flavor profile I wouldn't want you to switch it up and be disappointed. I hope you enjoy and by the way- what a perfect edition this would be to your Fathers Day brunch!

Savory Broccoli & Bacon Frittata- Serves 5
1 cup broccoli florets, chopped into bite size pieces
6 slices of cooked bacon, broken into bitesize bits
1/2 cup thinly slices onion
1 Tbsp finely chopped (or grated) garlic
1/2 cup smoked gruyere cheese
1/4 tsp dried thyme
1/8 tsp nutmeg
7 eggs
2 Tbsp half and half
Salt and Pepper to taste

Preheat the oven to 425 degrees
Combine the egg, half and half, dried thyme, and nutmeg. Add in a pinch of salt and pepper.
Whisk until well combined. Set aside.
Grease a 9 inch pie plate with cooking spray.
Layer in the onions, garlic, broccoli, and bacon.
Pour the egg mixture over the veggies. Make sure to coat the mixture in the egg.
Top with the gruyere cheese.
Bake for 25 minutes.
Let sit for about 5 minutes before serving.
If you are making this dish for meal prep I would advise to let it cool for about 15 minutes then cut it into portions and keep refrigerated until you are ready to eat. ENJOY!


Nutritional Information:

Per Serving:
185 Calories
14 Grams of Protein
2.5 Grams Net Carbs


No comments:

Post a Comment