Wednesday, April 8, 2015

lil carb Garlic Lemon Chicken


I must confess, I have made this chicken 3 times in the past 2 weeks and today will be number 4. I just love the freshness of this meal and how the lemon juice tenderizes the chicken as it mariantes.  You could grill this chicken or sauté it in some olive oil on the stove top. I've done both and the chicken is perfect either way. Tonight I decided to sautéd because it was raining!
This is one of those simple recipes that sometimes gets forgotten about but it is so tasty!  Plus it is also low carb! Sometimes a few fresh ingredients is all you need.  As soon as I get home from work I whisk together the marinade, add the chicken and refrigerate.

Perfectly whisked marinade ready for chicken!


Ready to marinate in the fridge for a few hours!


Garlic Lemon Marinade:
1/4 Cup Olive Oil
1/8 Cup Lukewarm Water
1 Lemon- zested then juiced
1 1/2 Tbsp Garlic, roughly chopped
1/2 Tsp Salt
1/2 Tsp Pepper

1 Lb Chicken Breast- Serves 2-

Whisk all of the marinade ingredients together in a large bowl.
Add in the chicken breasts - I like to cut my chicken breasts in half so they are thinner and cook quicker.
Cover the chicken with plastic wrap and put in the fridge.
Allow to marinate for 1-3 hours.

Heat about 2 tbsp of olive oil in a cast iron skillet over medium to medium high heat.  Add in the garlic chunks from the marinade and allow to cook along with the chicken- I think it gives great flavor. Sauté the chicken for 3-4 minutes per side until they are golden brown.


This chicken is gorgeous ha



Serve long side any of my simple sides! 



No comments:

Post a Comment