Friday, May 27, 2016

lil carb Pesto Spaghetti Squash


Watch me cook this easy side! Click the video below!
This is the perfect light summer side dish!  Plus if you're like me and love your pesto this recipe is great to incorporate it into a very versatile side! Perfect for a picnic also because it tastes great at any temperature!  I love making this at any time of the year by using a good quality jarred pesto too!  Just make sure to check your labels for the carb count.
I listed the ingredient amounts this way because everyones squash is going to be a little different so you may need the whole 8oz of pesto and you may not. Just keep adding until it looks and taste perfect for your taste!

*To get my homemade pesto recipe click HERE!!

lil carb Pesto Spaghetti Squash- Serves 4 (as a side dish)
1.5-2 lb spaghetti squash
6-8 oz of pesto, jarred or homemade
1/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
Parmesan cheese
1/8-1/4 tsp red pepper flake (optional)

First cook your spaghetti squash- for this size I pierce mine about 10 times and microwave for 5 minutes then turn over and microwave another 5 minutes. Then let sit and rake out into "noodles".

In a large bowl add in about 1/2 of the pesto and mix in with the spaghetti squash noodles.
Keep adding pesto until the noodles are well coated.  Top with crushed red pepper, toasted almonds, a couple extra drops of pesto and a sprinkle of parmesan cheese.

Enjoy this recipe cold, room temp, or warm! 

1 comment:

  1. This is something I have always wanted to try! I am so excited! Yum!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete