Thursday, September 29, 2016

lil carb Roasted Fennel


I absolutely love fennel!!!
In case anyone didn't know I thought I would start off this post by coming right out and saying it!
Roasting fennel is my favorite way to eat it. I can devour this recipe all on my own and not feel guilty about it because it is low carb and comes together super easily. Fennel is one of those weird veggies I used to see in the supermarket and not know what to do with it. How do I cook it? What does it go good with? It smells like licorice- I will not like it. Well if you have thought this same thing about fennel please try this recipe!  Once the fennel roasts the flavor mellows out and it becomes caramelized and buttery omg- SO good!  Check out my video on how easy this is to make and then get in the kitchen and whip this up!

lil carb Roasted Fennel- Serves 2
2 bulbs of fennel, chopped reserving 2 TBSP of fennel fronds (see my video for further explanation)
1 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 tsp Truvia
3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
5 whole cloves of garlic
1 lemon cut into 6 wedges

Preheat you oven to 400 degrees.
Cut off the stalks of your fennel then reserve 3 tbsp of fronds- the green top parts.
Now remove the outer layer of the fennel bulbs and slice in half and then thinly slice each half into thin half moon shapes.
Arrange on a large baking sheet covered in tin foil.
Sprinkle with the salt, pepper, onion powder, and Truvia.
Add the garlic cloves and the olive oil.
Toss everything together with clean hands.
Then take the lemon slices and squeeze them over the fennel then drop them onto the baking sheet.
Toss one last time and then roast in the oven for 15 minutes.
Take out and toss.
Put back into the oven for another 5 minutes- watching closely so it does not burn.
Then it's time to... ENJOY!

***If you are looking for a complete meal- serve this fennel along side my lil carb Crispy Oven Baked Chicken!!***

No comments:

Post a Comment