Tuesday, October 11, 2016

lil carb Pumpkin Pie Mousse


I'm so excited to share this pumpkin recipe with everyone!  I love pumpkin pie, it is one of my favorite pies to make and eat around this time of the year however it is always good to have a low carb alternative that you can enjoy without feeling the slightest bit guilty.  This mousse cooks up quickly in the microwave and when topped with a little whipped cream I actually feel like i'm eating pumpkin pie- minus the crust of course. But honestly I don't even miss it!  Comes together quickly, cooks in under a minute and a half and it tastes amazing- ?! Yes please!  Try this recipe out and click above for a how-to video on me making it!
*3.5 net carbs before adding whipped cream*

lil carb Pumpkin Pie Mousse- Makes 1 mug
3 Tbsp almond flour
1 Tbsp Truvia
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/4 tsp baking powder
3 Tbsp canned 100% pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
1 Tbsp vegetable oil
2 Tbsp half and half
Whipped Cream for topping

In a normal sized mug add in the almond flour, Truvia, pumpkin pie spice and baking powder.
Mix well with a fork until it is all combined.
Then add in the vegetable oil and half and half and mix again.
Last, add in the pumpkin and mix well making sure to thoroughly mix the bottom of the mug where the flour might get stuck.
Level out the top of the mixture and microwave for 1 minute and 20 seconds.
Let stand for 3 minutes until it cools slightly.
Serve warm, topped with whipped cream and a pinch more pumpkin pie spice OR pop it in the fridge after microwaving and enjoy it chilled with whipped cream!
*This is a mousse not a mug cake so it will not be cake like but more resembling pumpkin pie filling*
ENJOY!

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I suggest you calculate the nutritional information based on the exact ingredients you are using. Mainly because pumpkin puree can vary by how many carbs are in each brand.

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh! This is so good! I fix it a lot! I luv pumpkin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How many TOTAL Carbs are in this? I do not go by net carbs since I'm borderline diabetic and need to count total carbs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suggest you calculate the nutritional information based on the exact ingredients you are using. Mainly because pumpkin puree can vary by how many carbs are in each brand.

      Delete
  4. Thanks for leaving this up. I love it.

    ReplyDelete