Saturday, July 2, 2016

lil carb Spice-Rubbed Oven-Baked Chicken


Click above and watch me make this recipe!

Everyone has their own go-to chicken dish.  I realized I have never shared mine!  So here ya go! I use a handful of spices that most people already have in their pantry to create a quick spice rub and then bake my chicken thighs in the oven. Thighs are so good! They are easy on the wallet and I love the juicy meat and how crispy the skin gets in the oven. This is the perfect weeknight meal for a tasty but easy dinner.  Serve along side your favorite veggies and you have a complete meal.
The aioli is optional but at my house we love sauces and dipping so this works out perfect :)

lil carb Crispy Baked Chicken
4 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs

Spice Rub
2 Tbsp olive oil
&
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp smoked paprika (or regular paprika- whatever you have)

Aioli
Juice from 1/2 a lemon
3 Tbsp mayonnaise
1 Tbsp reserved grease from baking the chicken
pinch of pepper

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
I like to trim the excess skin off of my chicken thighs with kitchen sheers- just to clean them up a little bit. This step is optional.

Mix the spices in the Spice Rub list in a small bowl.  Add in the olive oil and mix well.
Massage the spice rub/olive oil mixture all over the chicken thighs- making sure to get under the skin and use all the spice rub.
Place the thighs on a foil lined baking sheet and bake for 60 minutes.
*Check your chicken to make sure that it is cooked- ovens vary and the size of your thighs might not be the same as mine.
Once your chicken is cooked pour off 1 tablespoon of the leftover chicken grease into a small bowl.
Add in the mayo, lemon juice, and pinch of pepper from the Aioli list above and mix well.
Serve the thighs with a drizzle of aioli, ENJOY!



PS- This chicken goes amazzinnng-aaah with my lil carb Roasted Fennel!

2 comments:

  1. This is delicious. Made for supper tonight went together so easy and turned out just like your video. Made the aoli and yes was awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of my favorite chicken recipes, it's so easy to make and my family enjoys it.

    ReplyDelete