Tuesday, December 9, 2014

lil carb Extra Saucy Shrimp Scampi

Watch me cook this EASY, fresh dinner! :)



Here I go again craving things I really shouldn't have... pasta! How cruel of me to deny a girl pasta!  Its just not right.  To ease my growling tummy I had to get creative and think up a pasta dish without actually eating pasta.  After thinking about it I wanted something light but with tons of flavor.  Then it hit me- Shrimp Scampi! This was a bit of a splurge for me considering I spent $12 on 1 pound of shrimp but they were peeled, deveined, and fresh so in my eyes it was worth it! What a great dinner!  Fresh seafood with perfectly cooked garlic and a sauce that you can slurp right up.  My "pasta" was spaghetti squash and as Jason and I were eating this dinner he literally said "I feel like I'm eating pasta." I really think I have perfected cooking spaghetti squash in the microwave- its a gift! ha!  You could easily serve this shrimp n sauce combo over rice, pasta, grits, or a veggie noodle like zucchini or squash.  Either way, this dinner takes minutes to put together but tastes like what you would order at a restaurant. Plus it's low carb! I love the sauce or the gravy of dinners so as with most of my recipes there will be plenty of sauce for 2 people and you can certainly cut it in half if you're not a saucy person like myself.

Extra Saucy Shrimp Scampi (Serves 2):
1 lb Raw Shrimp, peeled and deveined- tails left on
7 Garlic Cloves, minced or grated
1 cup Chicken Broth OR Vegetable Broth
1 cup White Wine
1/2 cup Lemon Juice, fresh or bottled
1/4 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Pepper
1/4 cup Parsley, chopped- plus more for garnish
1 1/2 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Tbsp plus 3 Tbsp Butter

Add 1 tbsp butter and oil to a skillet on medium heat.  Add in the shrimp and sauce for about 2 minutes- just until pink.  Be careful not to overcook.  Then add in the garlic and stir around for another 45 seconds.  Remove shrimp from skillet and keep warm on a plate by tenting it with tin foil.  Next combine the wine, lemon juice, chicken broth and 1/4 cup parsley.  Stir to combine. While this is heating up add in salt and pepper to taste.  Bring this mixture to a boil and reduce for 10-12 minutes uncovered.  As soon as the sauce is reduced by about half add in last 3 tbsp butter and whisk furiously until melted into sauce. Arrange shrimp on top of spaghetti squash (quick preparation below) and top with desired amount of sauce.  Garnish each plate with a sprinkle of parsley and a lemon wedge.  YUM!

Easy Spaghetti Squash- makes 4 servings:
2 1/2 lb Spaghetti Squash
Microwave

Pierce squash with about 8-10 knife holes.  Microwave on high for 5 minutes then flip squash over and microwave another 4 1/2 minutes.  Let sit in  microwave of 1 minute.  Remove with oven mitts, cut in half, scoop out seeds and mushy center and "rake" out the flesh to resemble noodles.


Should I bring your tab?! ...ha! Almost feels like a restaurant instagram pic! #foodie #nomnom #itoldyouitwassaucy ;)



1 comment:

  1. Delicious!! A lot of very tasty sauce!! We put it on Angel pasta. We will try the squash another time🤗

    ReplyDelete