Thursday, December 18, 2014

Fast Weeknight Meal- BBQ Pork Chops!


Let me start off by saying: I am not a huge fan of pork chops but what I have learned is-- I just wasn't cooking them right all these years! After Jason kept asking me why I never made them I bit the bullet and decided to try out some new recipes with some 'chops'. This one is my new favorite. I just got done eating it and I would literally eat it tomorrow. Plus you probably have everything to make this in your fridge.  I call it BBQ Pork because it is just that! You can use any bbq sauce out of a jar or your own recipe.  For the cheese you can sub cheddar or cheddar jack, mozzarella, the options are as endless as there are cheeses.  This is a super simple weeknight dinner but it also works well if you want to whip something up quickly for a dinner party. These pork chops are ascetically pleasing as well as super tasty! And you won't be wasting a ton of time in the kitchen because they come together so quickly!  I'll show you!


I start off with butter melted in a pan.  I love my cast iron skillet! I recommend using one! 
Once the butter has melted add in any BBQ sauce you like- homemade or jarred. 
Whisk together.

Add in your pork chops! Mmm- the ones above are for Jason i prefer mine trimmed *see below*
As you add them to the skillet quickly turn them in the butter/bbq mixture then allow to cook for 4 minutes per side. 

This is my lil trimmed pork chop.  I cooked it in a separate pan so I didn't over crowd the chops. I cooked mine for 3 minutes per side.

This is the BBQ sauce I used- tried and true- Mine and Jasons favorite! 
If you haven't already, you should try it!

So after I flipped the chops and cooked a few more minutes I transfered them to a foil lined baking sheet. Since I'm always worried about thing sticking I sprayed the foil. 

I grated up some Monterey Jack cheese and some jarred jalapeño slices- these are not spicy.  On the jar it says tamed- thats how you know.

Add on some slices of jalapeño.

Top with some extra BBQ sauce.

Top with Monterey Jack cheese.

Stick under the broiler for about 3 minutes and this is the lovely creation that comes out! 
All gooey and ready to be gobbled up!
I didnt broil them for too long, I just wanted to melt the cheese. Over cooking pork is very easy- as I know from experience.  Keeping it in the oven for a minimum is always best.

Plate these chops up and you're ready to go!
I served my chops with cauliflower mac n cheese!

Mac n cheese! 
No pasta! 


BBQ Pork Chops:

3 Bone- In Pork Chops
2 Tbsp Butter
1/2 cup BBQ Sauce, divided
1/4 cup Monterey Jack Cheese
1/4 cup Jalapeno Slices

Over medium high heat melt butter and 1/4 cup of BBQ sauce. Once heated up add in pork chops and coat in sauce then cook for 4 minutes per side if not trimmed. If trimmed cook 3 minutes per side.  Then add chops to a foil lined baking sheet.  Top with jalapeño slices and remaining BBQ sauce and shredded cheese. Broil for about 3 minutes until the cheese is melted and gooey. 


hehe :)

No comments:

Post a Comment