Sunday, December 28, 2014

Pork Roll, Egg, n Cheese

It is really important to eat breakfast.  I know if I don't put something in my stomach before I leave for work I'm starving by 9am- not good.  Breakfast gets your metabolism moving and if you eat the right things it will keep you full until your mid-morning snack!  Since I live in New Jersey, we always have pork roll in the house. Some might call it taylor ham but in our house it's pork roll. But whatever you call it you can also call it amazing- ha!  It's SO good!! This breakfast is low carb and super simple.  It has only a few ingredients and it is a breakfast staple in our house.  Over the weekend you will almost always find this on Jason's plate.  All you need is pork roll, american cheese, eggs, salt, pepper, and a lil bit of butter.

I start with 2 pans. One for the pork roll and one for the eggs. I cut into the pork roll other wise the middle will puff up and not cook.  Cutting into it ensures it lays flat in the pan.  Today I used 4 slices.

In the second pan I melt a lil bit of butter. I make the eggs over easy and just when I flip them over I add a slice of american cheese to the top.  Then I sprinkle in a few drops of water to the pan and cover.  This steams the cheese and allows it to melt and get gooey all over the eggs. Once the cheese is melted I sprinkle on a tiny bit of salt- because the pork roll is pretty salty- and some pepper.
I remove the pork roll from the pan onto some paper towels to get the majority of the grease off. Then I lay them flat on a plate and arrange the eggs right on top. Mmm! The yolks will be runny and warm and this whole breakfast is the perfect start to a great day!!!  And look at that - no bread!

If you like green onion like I do I would chop it up and sprinkle it over the top!  
But Jason doesn't like green onion as much as I do so his was springs for a pretty presentation :)


No comments:

Post a Comment