Monday, December 1, 2014

November Goals Recap & December Goals

Ok so I thought making goals would be simple; reading books, going for walks, all stuff I do normally. Well this month went by entirely too fast and I'm sad to say all my goals were not met haha- I think my famous last words were "4 goals is a good start." 


Goal #1:  Read two books. Which I normally do anyway! But not this November... To my credit, I tried really hard to get into the book Lizzy & Jane by Katherine Reay but it fell flat for me. I thought since Lizzy was a chef I would be entertained but shortly into the book the story shifted to her mother having died of cancer and her sister having cancer also and the two sisters do not get along- it just was not the book I thought it would be and in turn I did not finish it.  I didn't finish that book and I never started the second book.  Nothing bothers me more than buying a book that docent keep my interest.  So much that I can't even finish it. But you'll never know if it will be good if you don't try! I should really try the library and save some money...
Goal #1 not accomplished. 

Goal #2: Walking the dogs everyday. I started off the month very strong. About halfway through Jason was walking them all on his own. I missed 10 days out of 30.  At least I walked them more days than not...Trying to make myself feel better here. 
-Goal #2- 2/3 accomplished! 

Goal #3: I wanted to walk 8,000 steps a day and 240,000 steps for the month. 
Here's my step breakdown:
Nov 1: 4,132 steps
Nov 2: 7,703 steps
Week of Nov 3rd: 59,768 steps
Week of the 10th: 61,038 steps
Week of the 17th: 63,047 steps  
Week of the 24th: 52,073 steps
Nov 30: 4,555 steps

Grand Total: 252,316!!! I might not have hit 8,000 steps every day but other days I had 13,000 to make up for it and I crushed my goal by 12,316 steps!!!
-Goal #3- Accomplished!

Goal #4: Vino consumption- this one is laughable. I really did start off the month going strong. I said I was only going to drink Friday, Saturday and one other day during the week. In the first 10 days of the month I only had wine on 3 days! But it quickly went downhill. Between the holidays and shopping and decorating and cooking I had to celebrate with my beloved cabernet.
-Goal #4- not accomplished.

November Recap: 1 2/3 out of 4 accomplished lol

December Goals:

Goal #1: I am going to read the book I didn't get a chance to start last month!  The Time Keeper by Mitch Albom.  I'm sticking to one book this month.  

Goal #2: Since I crushed my step goal last month I'm going to up my goal to 250,000 steps for this month!  Hopefully with all the mall walking I'll be able to meet the goal!

Goal #3: I'm not going to mess with vino this month ha with all the holidays I know better! Instead I'm going to made an effort to watch my portions everytime I eat. I'm going to try extra hard to be conscious of how much I'm eating and to make sure not to overdo it. 

Overall, I survived my first month of goals!  Decembers goals might seem wimpy but I want to get 3 for 3 this month so I'm making it easy for myself haha I hope December goes a lil slower than November!

No comments:

Post a Comment