Sunday, July 31, 2016

lil carb Greek Frittata


Watch me cook this amazing Frittata!
Add another frittata to my breakfast list!  This one is inspired by Greek flavors and was actually created after I made my Greek Style Chicken Platter.  I had so many yummy ingredients that I decided to play around and make a frittata.  Once again you will hear me say that this is truly the easiest breakfast meal prep out there. Weekday breakfasts are so busy for Jason and I that having slices of yummy frittata in the fridge are truly a lifesaver!  So- get to the store and grab a few ingredients to make my Chicken platter for dinner and then my frittata for breakfast. You'll be thanking me!  hehe

lil carb Greek Frittata- Serves 6
 1/3 cup white onion, diced
1/4 cup kalamata olives, roughly chopped
3 Tbsp sundried tomatoes, chopped
1/2 of a lemon, tested
8 slices of bacon**, cooked and broken into bite size pieces
1/8 tsp oregano
2 Tbsp half and half
7 eggs, beaten
Salt & Pepper to taste
1/4-1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese- depending on how much cheese you like

Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
Spray a 9 inch pie plate (mine is glass) with non stick cooking spray.
Into the pie plate add in your raw onion, kalamata olives, sundries tomatoes, bacon, and lemon zest.
In another bowl crack your eggs and beat them with the half and half, oregano, a pinch of pepper and a tiny pinch of salt.
Once they are well mixed add them right to the pie plate.
Using a fork make sure the egg mixture coats all the ingredients.
Then top with the feta cheese.
Bake for 25 minutes then remove the fritatta from the oven and let sit for 5 minutes.
Then cut up, squeeze a little fresh lemon juice on top and ENJOY!

*This will keep in the fridge for about 5 days so feel free to heat it up all week long for a quick breakfast on the go!
**Make this vegetarian by omitting the bacon!

No comments:

Post a Comment