Tuesday, July 26, 2016

lil carb Classic Tuna Salad


Watch me make this recipe!

*Spoiler Alert* - - -Tuna salad is not a new recipe- I have not invented anything new here. I am well aware of this haha BUT I wanted to share how I make tuna salad with everyone because whenever I make it I always get asked what exactly I put in it.  Lately I have been making a batch on Sunday and Jason and I have been eating it for lunch during the week on top of salads or I like mine with just a couple chunks of tomato. YUM!  It is a really great thing to use in meal prepping and
a nice way to switch up your protein. Plus I think tuna is a staple in any low carb diet so here it goes!...


lil carb Classic Tuna Salad
2 cans of tuna, I use Solid White Albacore in water----->
1/2 cup red onion, diced
1/2 cup celery, diced
1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp Mayo
1 tsp spicy brown mustard, I use Guldens----->
1/8 tsp garlic powder
1/8 tsp Italian seasoning
1/4 tsp pepper
Salt to taste

Open your tuna cans and drain out the water well.
In a medium sized bowl add your tuna, red onion, celery, mustard and 1/4 cup of mayo.  Mix well. Add the additional 2 tbsp of mayo or even more until you get the desired creaminess. I find that 2 extra tbsp is perfect for me.
Then add in the garlic powder, Italian seasoning, pepper and a pinch of salt.
Mix again and taste. Add more salt until it is seasoned to your liking.
Enjoy!


1 comment: