Monday, January 5, 2015

*2015*

Wow!  What a great holiday I had!  My wish is that everyone else's was just as good!  But now it's time for me to get back to work and back to my routine.  As always at this time of the year I start thinking about "resolutions".  I say it with quotations because I like to think of it rather as a time to reflect how 2014 went and how I want to make 2015 better. I don't make resolutions per say instead I think of it as refocusing my energy. I read two really great pieces on '2015 Resolutions' and I have been sharing them with whoever I think would benefit. They are totally worth the few minutes it takes to read them and it seems that the two authors almost read my mind.  This is exactly what I wanted to focus on in this post today but instead of writing something of my own I'm sharing these 2 wonderful pieces!!! Take a look!

Here's the first one.  It was written by Melody Beattic via Luxy Hair Extensions. I usually get emails from them about how to style hair and how to use hair extensions but this email was surprisingly different!  Here is what the letter said:

"Hi Beautiful Kathleen,
This e-mail is a little different. It's not a weekly Luxy Hair tutorial or anything to do with hair or hair extensions.
It's about you and how you can make 2015 truly a year to remember. The reason we are sharing this with you is because when you got a set of Luxy Clip-in Hair Extensions, you became a part of the Luxy Hair family and we want our family to have an amazing year!
This is why we wanted to share this little note with you from an author, Melody Beattie, that can truly make a difference in your year ahead:
“Make New Year's goals. Dig within, and discover what you would like to have happen in your life this year. This helps you do your part. It is an affirmation that you're interested in fully living life in the year to come.
Goals give us direction. They put a powerful force into play on a universal, conscious, and subconscious level. Goals give our life direction.
What would you like to have happen in your life this year? What would you like to do, to accomplish? What good would you like to attract into your life? What particular areas of growth would you like to have happen to you? What blocks, or character defects, would you like to have removed?
What would you like to attain? Little things and big things? Where would you like to go? What would you like to have happen in friendship and love? What would you like to have happen in your family life?
What problems would you like to see solved? What decisions would you like to make? What would you like to happen in your career?
Write it down. Take a piece of paper, a few hours of your time, and write it all down - as an affirmation of you, your life, and your ability to choose. Then let it go.
The new year stands before us, like a chapter in a book, waiting to be written. We can help write that story by setting goals.”
xoxo
Luxy Hair"
Don't you feel inspired!? 
I have one other post to share as part of my celebration of 2015!  This one was shared by a friend on Facebook and I shared it to keep it going. It's just what I needed to read to kick start the great things about to happen this year: New Years Resolution Remix! Click to read! 
Well, I hope I have inspired you to start fresh!  Even if its not January 1st its important to always remember that you can change your way of thinking on any day!  You can set goals any day of the year! If at first you don't succeed, try again!  I know I personally am going to try to do my best this year in all things.  Do my best in my marriage, this blog, my job, my friendships, my house hunt, my new hobbies, cooking, eating right and getting in shape. I am just going to try my best- thats all anyone can ask of themselves!  I see 2015 as being MY year, now I’m going to make it happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment