Sunday, January 25, 2015

lil carb Blue Cheese Vinaigrette

Watch me make this!

I love making homemade salad dressings. I have already shared my caesar dressing but I have plenty of others up my sleeve.  The one I made today was a blue cheese vinaigrette.  We just got about 6 inches of snow outside and my diligent husband is outside shoveling and snow blowing.  He motioned from the window he was hungry and I knew telepathically he wanted a salad. How? I just knew. ha

Since he loves blue cheese and I happened to have blue cheese crumbles I went to work making my blue cheese vinaigrette so I could get it in the fridge to chill while I assembled the rest of the salad. Into a small mason jar I put olive oil, red wine vinegar, dijon mustard, salt, pepper, green onion, and blue cheese crumbles. Then I gave it a shake until it was combined then I put it into the fridge. 

Next I assembled one of Jasons favorite salads- spring mix, black olives, cherry tomatoes, pepperoncini peppers, rotisserie chicken and blue cheese crumbles!


Blue Cheese Vinnaigrette:
1/3 cup olive oil
2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
2 tsp dijon mustard
2 Tbsp green onion
1/4 cup blue cheese crumbles

Whisk or shake in a mason jar all ingredients except green onion and blue cheese crumbles until well combined. Then add in green onion and crumbles and give another quick shake or whisk. Chill until salad is ready. 

*The longer this dressing sits in the fridge the better it tastes! I like to make it and then allow it to sit in the fridge for at least 2 hours before I serve it!
*As a side salad I love to use spring mix lettuce, cherry tomatoes, and thinly sliced red onion!
ENJOY!



No comments:

Post a Comment