Sunday, January 18, 2015

Easy Cauli-Rice



While eating low carb I am constantly craving everyday carbs.  Pasta, bread, and definitely rice! It's great when I can recreate these common carbs with a low carb, veggie version.  Cauliflower rice might be better than actual white rice and it's so simple! 


Using the large holes of a grater, grate half of a cauliflower. 


Place in a microwave safe dish.
Season with salt and pepper
and add in 1/2 Tbsp butter.
Microwave on high for 2 minutes, stir add another 1/2 Tbsp of butter and microwave for another 2 minutes.


Fluff with a fork just like rice and it's ready to be served!
Half of a cauliflower served Jason and I perfectly!

Serve this underneath Lil Carb Orange Chicken!


You can also use a food processor to create cauli-rice!
Watch my how-to video at the top of this post!

6 comments:

  1. I made this dish today and hubby and I both loved it. I'm just planning how making this "rice" opens up the possibilities for enjoying our old favorites while staying low carb. YAY!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually made the Cauliflower rice and peas. Yum!

      Delete
    2. YES!!! I absolutely love cauliflower rice! It really is so versatile! If you like the Cauli-Rice and Peas you should definitely make my Cauli-Rice a Roni! Its in the Rice category on the left side of this page. That is my FAVORITE rice recipe! Thank so much for the positive comment!! :)

      Delete
  2. How do I make the cauliflower break up into pieces the size of salad pasta (rather than as small as rice)?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You need to use a food processor or just chop with a knife.

      Delete