Thursday, July 21, 2016

lil carb Kale Side Dish

Watch me prepare this easy side dish!

I just love cooking with fresh vegetables.  One of my 'flavors of the week' for veggie sides lately has been kale. Not only is it a gorgeous green that is able to hold up to all different dressings and meals but it has so many tremendous health benefits.  Being that kale is a super food I enjoy cooking with it a few times a week. My old trusty recipe is a simple kale sauté that anyone can do with just a handful of ingredients. This dish sounds simple but the flavor is anything but!

lil carb Kale Saute- Serves 4
8 cups kale leaves, tightly packed
2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 clove of garlic, minced
1/8- 1/4 tsp red pepper flake (optional)
Salt & Pepper
Squeeze of fresh lemon (1/2 tsp worth)

Heat the oil in a skillet over medium high heat.
Sauté the garlic for about a minute.
Add in the kale, in batches if you have a small skillet like me.
Continue to add kale, stir, let wilt, and then add more until all of your kale is in the skillet.
Sprinkle with salt and pepper and the red pepper flake if you are using.

Serve as an additional side dish with my lil carb Salmon Entree!!






No comments:

Post a Comment