Thursday, July 7, 2016

lil carb Pepperoni Pizza Bites

Watch me make these bites!

Pizza, Pizza Pizza!  My craving for pizza will never be satisfied for as long as I live. Sooo I decided to come up with a fun snack that tricks my tummy into thinking I'm eating pizza.  By using some traditional pizza flavors and a low carb pizza sauce for dipping you do not have to feel guilty about eating my pizza bites!
The recipe is for 2 bites- because let's be honest- when the pizza craving hits, you just need a few minutes to throw these babies together.
But by all means, multiply this recipe as many times as you need to until you get the amount of pizza bites you are in need of.


lil carb Pepperoni Pizza Bites- makes 2 Bites
2 Tbsp shredded pizza blend cheese OR mozzarella cheese
1/8 tsp italian seasoning
1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
1/16-1/8 tsp crushed red pepper (optional)
2 slices of pepperoni

Low carb pizza sauce for dipping- I use Raos brand- MY FAV!------->
(Check your labels! This is the lowest carb brand I have ever found!)




Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
I use a silpat on a baking sheet ( you can find the one I use HERE )
Using a tablespoon measure put 1 tablespoon of cheese on your baking sheet in a neat pile. Then make a second one using the other tablespoon of cheese.
Divide the seasoning between both cheese piles and then top with one slice of pepperoni on top of each pile.
Bake for 7 minutes.
Let cook briefly after they are done baking them move them to a plate or serving platter.
Serve along side a small bowl of pizza sauce and ENJOY!


3 comments:

  1. Great idea. I'm doing this for our christmas party. Happy Holidays

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you ever stored these in the freezer for later? I want to prep these for my children for when they want a snack. If so, could you share the details.

    ReplyDelete