Tuesday, October 17, 2017

low carb Peanut Butter Cookies




We are vastly approaching the holiday season! I MAY be the most excited person in the entire world for the holidays this year but it's not a competition, right?! JK. But seriously the holidays are literally right around the corner so I thought it would be a good time to start with an amazingly easy, quick, and delicious cookie recipe! By the title you know this is going to be a peanut butter cookie but what you may not know is there are really only 3 ingredients. Ya... I said it... 3. I did add 2 more simple ingredients to mine, vanilla extract and some pink Himalayan sea salt but they really are not necessary and if you're a low carb-er like me then you definitely have eggs, PB, and Trivia in your house. So you can literally, probably, make these as soon as you finish reading my long rant. Cue the recipe!!!!


low carb Peanut Butter Cookies- Makes 12 
1 cup peanut butter - I use Skippy Creamy for this recipe
1/3 cup granulated Truvia (the same as 24 packets)
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
coarse sea salt (optional) I use Pink Himalayan Salt

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
Grease a cookie sheet with some non stick cooking spray and set aside.
In a small bowl combine the peanut butter, egg, Truvia, and vanilla extract.
Stir until all the ingredients are combined together, takes about 30 seconds.
Once everything is well combined use a tablespoon measure and roll the batter into balls.
place on the cookie sheet leaving some room between each cookie.
Then using a fork OR a potato masher (see my video above to see how I do it!), make 2 impressions into each cookie flattening it as you go.

Sprinkle each cookie with a tiny pinch of sea salt and bake for 12-13 minutes.
Watch then carefully towards the end to make sure the bottoms don't burn.
Remove them from the oven and let sit on the cookie sheet for 2 1/2 more minutes then move to a cooling rack until they are cooled to room temperature then devour! And of course- ENJOY!




Nutritional Facts Per Cookie:
133 Calories
5.2 Grams of Protein
3.5 Grams Net Carbs

20 comments:

  1. YUMMO ! CAN I USE PB2 powdered peanut butter?????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. probably not unless you transform the powdered PB2 into butter. It is the butter consistency that makes the dough

      Delete
    2. Maybe you can mix the powered peanut butter 2 with coconut oil to make 1 cup for this recipe! I have not tried it yet but worth a try!

      Delete
  2. I love these cookies. I made a batch of them already but I am going to make more until my cookie jar is full :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I made these last night and they are DELICIOUS!! Thank you so much for sharing a low carb recipe of my favorite cookie! I have a question, can you let me know what the full macros are per cookie, please? Fat content, etc? Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you enjoyed them!
      I suggest you calculate the nutritional information based on the exact ingredients you are using to make sure they are fitting into your macros :)

      Delete
  4. is that unsweeten peanut butter or sweeten peanut butter? Please advise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Use whatever peanut butter you like best! I tested the recipe many times and this PB make the best texture cookie for me.

      Delete
  5. these are soooo good!!!! yummy and delicious

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just made these and I am not satisfied. I had to use store brand creamy pb with Pyure would that really make a difference in taste and plus they wouldn’t stay together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The ingredients definitely matter. I tested this recipe many times and the exact ingredients I used is what made the best cookie.

      Delete
  7. I'm not a big fan of peanut butter but I guess these cookis would look just as lovely with any cut out recipe. They are adorable and perfect for any birthday celebration. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cookies is basically the only thing i can do in the kitchen without causing a disaster :), I'm going to try this recipe. thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoyed them!!! We love making them into ice cream sandwiches with keto vanilla ice cream!

      Delete