Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Eggplant Pizzas

Craving pizza again? Ya, me too. LOL
Don't derail your diet journey- just make these eggplant pizzas instead! You might already have all the ingredients on hand! If you think you might not like this recipe for whatever reason- eggplant skin, small portion, thick cut eggplant.... just make it and thank me later. If you follow my directions for this one I promise you'll love it. Oh yea and I didn't invent this. It's a recipe that's all over the internet. BUT I think I've cracked the code to making them taste amazing every time! I hope you love em too!

Eggplant Pizzas- 1 Serving
4 slices of eggplant- cut 1/2 inch thick (about 7 ounces total)
2 Tbsp marinara sauce
4 Tbsp shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
garlic powder
onion powder
Italian seasoning
Salt
Pepper
chopped parsley for garnish

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Line a baking sheet with tin foil and lightly spray with cooking spray.
lay the eggplant circles on the baking tray and brush with olive oil then sprinkle with salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder and Italian seasoning. Flip the eggplant and brush with olive oil and season the other side with spices.
Bake for 18 minutes.
After they are finished remove from the oven and top with 1/2 Tbsp each of marinara sauce and then 1 Tbsp each of mozzarella cheese.
Broil for 4 minutes but watch them closely so they don't burn. Depending on your oven you might need more or less time.
Top with some chopped parsley and ENJOY!

Nutritional Facts:
For the entire recipe
217 calories
8.5 net grams of carbs
8.8 grams of protein

2 comments:

  1. Kathleen I just LOVE your Youtube channel, you really have inspired me to start Low Carb eating again.. keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete