Wednesday, June 1, 2016

lil carb Caesar Dressing and Dip

Watch me make this dressing!

This is one of my very first recipes when starting on my low carb journey.  This recipe was stuck in a long post about my weekly menu from almost 2 years ago! So I am reposting it and reminding everyone that this is a great onion-dip alternative!  This dip tastes amazing with cut up veggies! I especially love dipping cucumber slices!  But if you want caesar dressing just thin it out a little with half and half or heavy cream- whatever you have! So much flavor, low carb, simpleeeee! What more could ya want!?!

lil carb Caesar Dip & Dressing
1 Cup Mayonnaise
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1 tsp dijon mustard
2 Tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp fish sauce- to avoid the anchovy paste I found this does the trick and you can find it in the international aisle in most grocery stores.
2-3 smashed garlic cloves- the food processor will do the chopping
1/4 tsp black pepper
-Taste and add a pinch of salt if you think it needs it.
---For dressing follow exactly above then: Add in 2 Tbsp heavy cream or half n half

In a food processor add all the ingredients and pulse for about 45 seconds until smooth!

For a caesar dip the above recipe is perfect! I like to dip veggies into this dip as an onion dip alternative.  People love it! For a dressing just thin it out a little and you are all set for caesar salads!

Homemade Caesar Dressing

3 comments:

  1. I made this without the fish sauce because I didn't have any in the house and figure it will have a little longer shelf life in the fridge without it. This was delicious! Thanks for sharing this recipe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome!! I'm so glad you enjoyed this one!

      Delete
  2. Have used your recipe many times. It’s the ONLY one I use for Caesar

    ReplyDelete