Tuesday, November 8, 2016

lil carb Rustic Chicken Soup

Watch me make this soup!

Per Serving:
200 Calories
28g Protein
4.5g net carbs

Chicken soup can be magical. It can cure everything from a cold to a heartbreak. Plus it is finally beginnings to feel like Fall outside so I figured that now is a good a time as ever to share with you my go-to low carb chicken soup. It is full of healthy veggies and tasty flavors!  Make this for yourself for a delicious dinner OR make it for a friend that's feeling under the weather. I guarantee they will thank you!

lil carb Rustic Chicken Soup- Serves 6
3 cups cooked chicken, roughly chopped ( I used a rotisserie chicken)
1 zucchini, cut into thin half moon slices
1 fennel bulb, cut in half and slices thin
1 cup carrots, chopped
1 cup celery, chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, chopped
1 bay leaf
2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
8 cups chicken stock (low sodium)
1 tsp dried thyme
juice of 1/2 a lemon
1 Tbsp olive oil
Salt & Pepper to taste

Heat a large soup pot on medium high heat and add the oil.
Add in the onions and stir around in the oil.
After one minute add in the zucchini, stir.
Then add in the carrots and celery and stir.
After 1 minute add in the fennel and stir again.
Then add in the garlic and stir again.
Sprinkle the veggies with salt and pepper and stir again.
Add in the dried thyme and Worcestershire sauce. Stir.
Then add in the chicken broth and stir.
Then add in the chicken and bay leaf.
Let the soup come up to a simmer then adjust the heat around medium-medium low so you are at a low simmer for 20 minutes staring carefully every 5 minutes or so.
After 20 minutes taste and season with salt and pepper, remove the bay leaf.
Squeeze in the juice of half of the lemon and serve! ENJOY!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! This is just what I needed! I have been sick and this is so awesome! Thank u for sharing! Luv all your videos SOOOOO much! Luv u Kat!! Thank u for making my life so much better with all your recipes

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHAT?!?!?! Comfort food that's LOW CARB?!?! YES PLEASE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made this soup tonight sooo good I never heard of fennel bulb but I put cabbage in mine I could of eat the hole pan..Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete