Wednesday, April 27, 2016

lil carb Rice-A-Roni


Click the link!
Watch me make this side dish and see how easy it really is!!!



Who doesn't love Rice-A-Roni?! It really is a tasty side dish that goes with a lot of different menus. I saw a commercial the other day and I can't believe I never posted my low carb version!  Here you have my cauliflower 'rice' version so now everyone can enjoy Rice-A-Roni's low carb cousin! You will be licking your plate clean with this side dish because not only does it pack a whole ton of flavor but it is so super simple that you can whip this up any day of the week!    I made my version with some healthy grilled chicken. But the sky is the limit with this one. ENJOY!

lil carb Rice-A-Roni - Serves 2
1/2 head of cauliflower, riced (about 2 cups)**
1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup onion, chopped
3 tsp chicken bouillon seasoning (I use the one pictured--->
1/4 tsp Italian seasoning
1/2 tsp dried parsley
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 cup chicken stock
1 Tbsp butter
Pepper

Add the oil into a skillet over medium heat.
Add in the onion and sauté for a few minutes until they soften and the edges brown slightly.
Add in the cauliflower and stir.
Cook for 1 minute to warm up the cauliflower.
Next, add in the bouillon seasoning, Italian seasoning, parsley, garlic powder and a pinch of pepper.
Stir.
Deglaze the pan with the chicken stock and stir until it has all evaporated- a minute or so.
Mix in the butter and you are ready to serve!

**Click here to learn how to rice cauliflower!






3 comments:

  1. I use Trader Joes cauliflower its riced and its the best WHAT A SHORT CUT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really really good!

    ReplyDelete