Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Italian Sandwich Frittata LOW CARB

Another amazing meal prep for any meal of the day right here. I am all about meal prepping for a few hours on Sundays so I can stay on track during the week. Don't get me wrong, I love cooking but with the fast pace of life these days I am so thankful when I can pull something already prepped out of the fridge, heat it up, enjoy it and then get back to life.  Eating on the go and meal prep doesn't have to be tasteless and blah though- don't forget that! You can have a delicious meal waiting for you- you just have to choose the right recipes and give yourself options. This recipe is perfect for any meal of the day. Why? Well, I will tell ya! It is a recipe for all the flavors of an Italian Cheesesteak but they are packed into a frittata that you can take on the go and stay on track with a low carb lifestyle. If you're not a fan of frittatas then you could also put these into muffin cups and enjoy then that way. I also have a lot of people say they are not a fan of reheated (or any) egg. Well I hear ya and I agree HA! That is why I fill my frittatas and egg cups with a lot to the filler and really only have the egg as the binder that keeps everything together. I hope you love this one because we definitely do!!!

Italian Sandwich Frittata- Makes 5 servings
7 eggs
2 Tbsp half and half OR heavy cream
10 oz Steak Umms meat, cooked
5oz fresh mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup banana peppers
4 Tbsp pizza sauce, plus more for dipping- I use Raos
Salt and Pepper to taste

Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
Then in a medium skillet cook the steak umms meat until it is all browned and no longer pink.
VERY important- drain the meat well. You can even remove to a paper towel to soak up some of the residual grease.
Whisk together the eggs, half and half, and a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
Spray a 9 inch pie plate with cooking spray and layer in the cooked meat and banana peppers. Then pour the egg mixture over.
Slice the mozzarella and top the frittata evenly. Using a fork submerge each slice of cheese into the egg so it is well coated.
Then top with the pizza sauce.
Bake for 25 minutes.
Allow to rest for at least 3 minutes before you serve. If you are meal prepping allow it to cool slightly and then package up with extra pizza sauce for dipping on the side.
Enjoy!

Nutritional Facts Per Serving:
400 calories
23 grams of protein 
2.2 grams of carbs
0 grams of fiber



No comments:

Post a Comment