Tuesday, November 12, 2019

LOW CARB Taco Eggs


If you are a taco lover like myself, you will absolutely love this dish. I make tacos a lot for dinner which means I always have leftover taco meat. This is one of my favorite ways to use it up and make a filling, low carb meal! I say meal by the way because I eat this for breakfast, lunch OR even dinner! Whenever the craving hits! The best part is you can use your favorite cheese, your favorite salsa, or even add queso or guacamole or whatever toppings are your favorite!

Taco Eggs- Serves 1 
1/4-1/3 cup leftover taco meat (beef, chicken, or turkey seasoned with Taco Seasoning)
1 egg
1/2 Tbsp butter
1 Tbsp half and half
1/4 tsp Taco Seasoning
1/4 cup of your favorite cheese (I use a Mexican cheese blend)
Plus any toppings you choose!

In a bowl whisk together the egg, half and half and 1/4 tsp taco seasoning and set aside (add a pinch of salt if your taco seasoning doesn't have any in it)
In a skillet over medium high heat melt the butter.
Then add the taco meat and warm through, about 2 minutes.
Then pour the egg mixture over the top and scramble the eggs with the meat.
Then top with your cheese and mix in to melt.
Flatten your eggs to get the cheese crispy. Flatten and wait 1-2 minutes and then flip to crisp the other side.
Serve with your favorite topping!
I love salsa and sour cream with some chopped, pickled jalapeƱos! 
Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment