Sunday, February 28, 2016

lil carb Sausage Breakfast Bombs


Watch me make these babies!!!



So I think I have created something amazing. Usually I make frittatas or omelets or egg scramble bowls but now to add to this amazing breakfast group I bring you the breakfast BOMB! (insert bomb emoji here lol)
What is a breakfast bomb? My version is a fun mixture of breakfast staples scooped out onto a baking sheet into balls and after they bake in the oven they spread out and become what I like to call a bomb! You will love these and they're very versatile so you could switch up the ingredients to taylor whatever you have or whatever you're in the mood for!
In the morning I despise cooking. I like to grab and go. These bombs allow me to do that! I make a batch on Sundays and then I have them in the fridge ready to go for weekday morning breakfasts.
Lets get to it!

lil carb Sausage Breakfast Bombs- Makes 15 bombs
3/4 lb ground breakfast sausage (my package was slightly less at .68 of a lb)
3 Tbsp onion, chopped small
1/2 cup mushrooms, chopped small
1 cup cheddar cheese- I used white and yellow
3 eggs, scrambled
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp garlic powder

Preheat oven to 375 degrees
Add all the ingredients to a mixing bowl and mix together with your hands until everything is combined.
Using a 2 tablespoon measuring scoop, scoop out the mixture onto a lined baking sheet (I use a silpat and it is the best thing ever!)
Bake in the oven for 27 minutes- I tested the time and found 27 minutes was perfect!
Take out the bombs and move them to a paper towel lined plate to soak up the extra grease from the sausage.
Now they are ready to eat! Or wait for them to cool and pack them up into a tuber ware.

*Each bomb is only 93 calories and 1 gram of carbs!





**During the week when you're ready to eat them microwave them for 1 minute and 20 seconds and they will be perfect!

***The BEST way to enjoy these bombs is with Cholula sauce and 1/4 of a chopped avocado!--You will not be sorry!  Flavorful breakfast and you won't believe how simple it is!



1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to try these this week. I am like you for breakfast, I luv to grab and to. Thank u for sharing and creating them.

    ReplyDelete