Sunday, February 7, 2016

lil carb Super Bowl Wings X 2

Of all days to enjoy some homemade, baked, wings- Super Bowl is the day!  The first time I made wings a few years ago I was amazed at how good they were!  I was able to control how crispy they were and how much sauce they had.  But even more importantly, I bought the raw wings so I could pick if I wanted a mixure of drums and wings and also how big or small they were. When ever Jason and I are out we love to try different wings so I know exactly how I like mine- extra sauce, wings only, not too big, and extra extra crispy!  Keeping that in mind I made 2 different kinds of wings today to celebrate Super Bowl 50- Garlic Bread Wings and my Traditional Buffalo- both low carb.  These were so tasty today but they're so easy they can be made any day of the year.  I also made my homemade blue cheese dressing yesterday and let all the flavors merry in the fridge- that was SO delicious!

Garlic Bread Wings- Topping coats about 8 medium size wings
2 Tbsp butter
1 Tbsp olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/8 tsp garlic powder
1/4 cup parmesan cheese plus more to garnish
dash of dried oregano for garnish
Salt & Pepper

Follow my recipe HERE for crisping up your buffalo wings. If you want them crispier put them under the broiler longer- making sure you watch them carefully.
In a small sauce pan melt the butter and oil over medium heat.
Add in the garlic.  As soon as it begins to sizzle lower the heat to medium low.
Add in the garlic powder and a pinch of salt and pepper.
Let this heat for about 5 minutes- softening the garlic and flavoring the butter and oil.
Once the wings are cooked to your liking toss them in the sauce.
Then sprinkle on the parmesan and toss again. I like to use a spatula to coat al the wings evenly.
Let the warm wings sit in the bowl for about a minute to really let the flavors develop.
Then serve and sprinkle with as much parmesan and oregano as you desire!

For my traditional buffalo wings go HERE!
These come out better and better every time!



On the side I served my homemade blue cheese!


Better than the bar and completely low carb and homemade.
Happy Super Bowl 50!

No comments:

Post a Comment