Monday, February 22, 2016

lil carb Stir Fry for One

This week Jason is away in sunny Florida on a fishing trip and I'm home with the chows. Normally that would be an excuse for my routine to fade away into the sunset. However, this time I decided I was going to still plan all my meals and try to eat and cook for one.  The cool part about not having the hubs around is that whatever I feel like for dinner I can make!  I don't need to talk it over with anyone lol Oh the perils of marriage. So tonight, I really was craving fried rice and veggies. Instead of picking up Chinese I think I did something even better. I made my own veggie stir fry in under ten minutes. It didn't take long at all because the ingredients were small amounts because I was just cooking one portion. You could certainly double or triple this for however much you need just increase the cooking time!  I also cooked this in my Baba's skillet wok (Baba is polish for grandmother) so along with my full stomach, I have a happy heart <3 :)

lil carb Stir Fry- One serving
1 Tbsp olive oil
1/4 medium onion, rough chop
2 garlic cloves, minced
3 asparagus spears, cut into 1inch pieces
1/8 cup frozen peas
3 baby bella mushrooms, sliced
1 egg
2 medium size cauliflower florets, grated
1 scallion, chopped
1-2 Tbsp soy sauce-- be careful not to use too much because of the saltiness. (You can always add more after you taste it!)
1/2 Tbsp sesame seeds

This all comes together very quickly so prep all of your veggies and heat a wok or large skillet over medium high heat with 1 tbsp of olive oil.
Once the oil is hot add the onions. Stir for 30 seconds.
Add the garlic. Stir for another 30 seconds.
Add in the mushrooms and stir for 1 minute or until mushrooms have golden brown edges.
Continue to stir because the heat is so high.
Next add in the asparagus and continue to stir for another minute or so.
Then add in the cauliflower rice and the peas.
Warm everything through for about another minute.
Make a well in the center of the pan and add in the egg.  Scramble it in the pan and then incorporate it into the rest of the mixture. Keep stirring until the egg is cooked about 2 minutes.
Then add in the soy sauce.
Mix everything well and scrape the bottom of the pan.
Let sit for another minute until the soy sauce warms through then turn off the heat.
Let sit for another minute to let the flavors combine then top with sesame seeds and chopped scallion.

Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment