Monday, October 17, 2016

lil carb Cauliflower Rice with Garlic & Peas

Watch me make this recipe!

This recipe is hands down in my top ten. When I'm looking to make a simple and quick side dish that I know Jason will love I always always make this cauli-rice.  I recently made a batch of this rice and added it to my lunch prep too!  Follow me on Snap Chat to see things like that! ID: lilpieceofhart Also....Something really cool that happened to me the other day - I was in Wegmans grocery store shopping and they have a lil kiosk where people make samples of food and hand them out and I smelled what the woman was making and I'm like "I know that smell" lol and sure enough I was right- it was cauliflower rice!  She made it just like me and it made me smile. And to answer your question- OF COURSE I tried it. haha It was amazing. As much as I enjoy cooking I really do enjoy when I can try other peoples food too. I'm just food obsessed. The ush. Ok, ok I'll get on with the recipe. It's literally so good. I used to make it all the time with brown rice and now I use cauliflower rice instead and dare I say it's better?!?  Try it!

lil carb Cauliflower Rice with Garlic & Peas- Makes 4 servings
4 cups cauliflower (1/2 a large head), riced
-(Link for how to rice cauliflower)- leave the cauliflower raw after you food process it or grate it.
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 cup frozen peas
1 1/2 Tbsp vegetable oil
4 Tbsp butter (I use salted butter), divided
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper

Grate up your cauliflower and set aside.
In a large skillet on medium high heat add in 1 tablespoon of butter and the vegetable oil.
Right after you add in the butter and oil add in the garlic. This will help infuse the garlic flavor into the oil and butter and they will all heat up together. Once the garlic just starts to become golden brown add in the cauliflower.
Mix well to coat the cauliflower rice in the butter and oil.
Low the heat to medium and add in salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder.
Mix well.
Make a well in the middle of your pan and add in the peas. Allow to cook for about 30 seconds then mix in with the rice and allow to cook for about 1 minute until they are warmed through.
Then add in remaining 3 tablespoons of butter.
Taste for seasoning- add more spices or salt and pepper to your taste.
Then... ENJOY!


         Dishes this will go great with: 
..... I could go on and on... check out the categories on the left hand side and browse through all my recipes!



No comments:

Post a Comment