Friday, November 7, 2014

Favorite Friday- Chow Chow Edition

On our walk today!  November 7, 2014
This Friday I decided to share my love for Chow Chows!  When I was a little girl I used to watch Martha Stewart Living with my mom and sisters and Martha had these dogs that were super fluffy and they looked like lil bears and I said, one day I will have that dog!


Anyone that knew me when I was little knows that I really disliked dogs actually more fear than dislike. I was the little kid afraid that a dog would jump on me. I never had an emotional connection to any dogs either which I think was a big factor.  Not until I got my first chow chow in 2007.  I named her Kuttah; pronounced Kut (like put)- Ah.  The next year we got Mika; pronounced meek-ah.  Kuttah's half sister.  Then just last year on Black Friday I got Rambo!  They are all so gentle and are great with kids. I had found the dog breed that was for me! The common misconception is that chow chows are mean and aggressive.  As with any dog breed I am a firm believer that a dogs temperament is a reflection of how it was raised. All of my chows were squeezed and cuddled from the moment they were in my possession.  How could I not squeeze them?! They're big balls of cuddly fur! I'm introducing you to them because I will talk about them a lot and it is good for everyone to get to know them :)

Kuttah The Cream Chow
She likes laying on her ottoman, playing with her Lamb Chop stuffed toy, and keeping watch on the hill in our backyard.

Mika The Red Chow
She likes to bark at squirrel and rabbits. Only eats treats when no one is looking.

Mika and Kuttah aka The Honeygurls

Snow Chows! 


Rambo! Christmas 2013
Such a little puppy! Only 4 months old here.
Rambo January 2014 wearing my skull scarf- I love this pic bc he looks like a grandma ha
You can see Kuttah and Mika in the background in their usual spots- Mika on the floor, Kuttah laying on her ottoman. 
Rambo August 2014! One year old!
He likes to hippity hop around the house and provoke the girls.  He also loves going for walks and meeting new people and dogs!
So if you didn't know it already I love chow chows!  They are on the top of my favorite list and they are one of my happy thoughts that I use to uplift my mood if I am feeling down. 

Chow Fact: The Chow is one of the oldest-if not oldest dog breeds. Over 4,000 years old originating in China. Thought to be descendants of the wolf.  

I hope you enjoyed learning about my chows!  There will be plenty more stories to come about each one of them! Happy Friday!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment