Sunday, November 2, 2014

Sunday Funday- November Goals

Here we are starting another month! 2014 really flew by I can't believe its November already!  Because of my wedding this year I was literally looking forward to September 6th for a year and a half.  Now that it's all over and it's November is just crazy to me!  I decided that since time does seem to rocket by I would make a few goals per month for things that I want to accomplish.  Try it with me! Then at the end of the month I'll recap if I was able to complete my goals.

Goal #1: I love reading but lately I feel like I have nothing on my reading list so I took some time to go searching on Barnes and Noble's website. I own a Nook HD and I love it!  It's a great way to organize a library of books. I do have to admit that I love holding a book and turning the pages but I have bookshelves and boxes full of books that just take up space. So for right now I really enjoy downloading books and magazines on my Nook.  The Nook HD also substitutes for a tablet- so its not just for reading.
So for my first goal I am going to read 2 books this month. The first one that I found that interested me is called The Time Keeper by Mitch Albom. I read a few reviews and it seems that people really liked it. I love reading book reviews before I spend the money to buy a book, its so helpful.  Pluys its a NY Times bestseller. So I'm giving it a try.

The second book that I want to read this November is called Lizzy & Jane by Katherine Reay.  I would definitely consider myself a foodie and when a reviewer mentioned that if you're a foodie you'll love this book- I knew I was going to download it to my Nook.  Plus the name caught my eye because one of my sisters names is Lizzy! And even better- it's only $1.99 to download it. So its a win win for me!


Goal #2: Even though the weather is getting chillier and winter is approaching I still have 3 chows! My husband Jason and I usually take them for a 2 mile walk after work everyday so I want to make a goal of doing that walk every day in November- I know we can do it. Making it a goal will hold me to it! 

Goal #3: Follows up goal 2- I want to make my step goal 240,000 steps for November. That is 8,000 steps per day. The walks will definitely help with that!  To track my steps I use a Fit Bit and I love it!! It's a little pricy at $99.99  but I am so glad I bought it.  It can sync to your computer or an app on your phone.  I really like the app because both my sisters and Jason have Fit Bits and you can challenge other users to daily showdowns or a weekly contest to see who gets the most steps!  It also tracks your sleep which I think is so neat!  I also use it as an alarm to wake me up in the morning - it just vibrates your wrist to wake you up in a 'friendly' way- I say it that way because I hate alarm clocks.. and I hate waking up... I love sleep!! 

Goal #4: Go easy on the wine this month.  I love wine or vino as I like to call it. But now that there is a lull between holidays I'm going to try as hard as I can to limit my vino consumption... I guess I should make this a specific goal and not just a blanket statement about cutting down. So my goal is to only have wine on Friday and Saturday and one night during the week.  Wish me luck because I love a good Cabernet. 

I think 4 goals is a good start for this month! Check back to see how I did! XO- Katheen <3 





No comments:

Post a Comment