Tuesday, November 25, 2014

White Pizza Stuffed Chicken


Since it is the holiday season I seem to revert back to my unhealthy self.  I am craving pizza like crazzzzy! More specifically a white pie! Really- what is better than pizza dough and ricotta and garlic and mozzarella all melty and delicious and gooey?! If I need to answer that question right now I'd say... nothing. Nothing is better than that.  But since I have changed my diet to be low carb its not as easy as it used to be where I could call up and order a white pie and eat 4 slices. haha. Not as easy- good or bad, you decide. After I got to thinking about this craving I decided I don't need to deprive myself- I can still get all the flavors of a white pie without actually eating one. Thats how I came up with this recipe. White pie chicken roll ups served with garlic parmesan broccoli.  It's not a pizza pie but it satisfied my craving just as well!

First I started off with my white pie spice mixture.


Mix my spices with ricotta cheese.


Add in mozzarella cheese and fresh minced garlic.


Pound thin the chicken breasts and spread the mixture over the top.


Roll up the chicken and secure with toothpicks.


For the dredging I have 2 bowls, one with an egg batter and the next with whole wheat seasoned bread crumbs.


Dip in the egg then coat in whole wheat bread crumbs.



Saute in olive oil for 3 minutes per side to brown the breadcrumbs then put on a baking sheet and finish baking in the oven while broccoli roasts.


For the broccoli- I cut into small florets and assemble on a baking sheet.

Add in a few spices and toss in olive oil.  Roast in the oven.


For the topping melt butter with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.


Toss melted butter mixture with broccoli after it is done roasting them sprinkle on parmesan  cheese and toss until it is all coated.


Cut the chicken rolls and arrange on the plate- if the cheese oozes out from the baking process just place that on the plate and put the cut chicken on top.  White pizza is gooey and messy so this chicken can be too!




Chicken:
3 Chicken Breasts pounded thin
4 oz Ricotta Cheese
1/2 tsp Onion Powder
1/4 tsp Pepper
1/4 tsp Oregano
1/8 tsp Basil
1/2 tsp Garlic Salt
1/4 tsp Crushed Red Peper Flake
1/2 Cup Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
2 Cloves Garlic, minced
1 Egg
1/2 Cup Whole Wheat, seasoned bread crumbs
6 toothpicks

Pound chicken thin.  Mix together ricotta, garlic, mozzarella and spices to make the "white pie mixture"- spread the mixture evenly over the 3 chicken breasts. then roll up and secure with toothpicks. next dip in the egg mixture and then coat in breadcrumbs. 
Heat olive oil over medium heat and cook chicken for 3 minutes a side to brown the breadcrumbs. You should be able to brown 4 sides. Then place on a baking sheet and finish baking in the oven at 375 for another 12-15 minutes. 

Broccoli:
3 Broccoli Crowns
Salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and crushed red pepper
2 Tbsp Butter
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
2-3 Tbsp Parmesan Cheese

Cut broccoli crowns into bite size pieces.
Sprinkled with: 2 Tbsp olive oil, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper- use however much you need to coat the veggies lightly.
Roast in the oven at 375 for 20 minutes.  In the meantime add 2 Tbsp butter to a small pot- with a pinch of garlic powder, salt and pepper and melt together.  Once broccoli is done pour butter mixture over the top and mix together then top with 2-3 Tbsp parmesan cheese and mix again.

Serve along side of the chicken and enjoy the white pizza flavors without the guilt!  I especially love this meal because you can have the Italian dinner flavors without the tomato sauce. Enjoy!




Whats better than putting your husbands empty plate into the sink?! - Answer: nothing!!! :)
~Happy Wife, Happy Life~


No comments:

Post a Comment